Colloidal silver (CS) is a safe natural product with amazing antibiotic properties. CS is a solution of both silver ions (AG+) and microscopic silver particles (colloids) suspended in water. It is colorless and tasteless.
Early in the last century colloidal silver was a commonly used antibiotic. CS was produced by a number of pharmaceutical companies and used for a wide range of infectious conditions. Medical journals of the day reported successful results with bacterial, viral and parasitic infections, without any toxicity. After the discovery of sulfa and penicillin drugs, colloidal silver ran out of favor (it’s not patentable) and by 1970 was no longer produced by any major pharmaceutical company. Silver treated burn dressings and silver plated catheters are sometimes still used to reduce infection rate.
Colloidal silver has recently made a comeback and is now readily available in health food stores. Brands vary in quality and strength, but most are in the 5 to 15 ppm range. It is commonly used orally, about a teaspoon a day for prevention. It can also be applied topically to cuts, scratches and acne.
Colloidal silver is perfectly safe at normal usage. In cases of extremely high use, a condition called argyria may occur causing the skin to turn blue-gray. One man who developed this condition moved to
where he thought he would fit in better! [see www.argyria.info] California
A study in 1988 at UCLA School of Medicine found that colloidal silver completely killed every bacteria, virus and fungus on which it was tested. An important property of CS is that pathogens appear unable to develop immunity to it. There has been only one case reported of bacteria developing a resistance to CS.
While there has been little recent research on the uses of Colloidal Silver, many consumers have reported a great variety of successes with everything from minor cuts to serious diseases. Thousands of people are benefiting from the use of colloidal silver. If you are one of them I would like to hear your story. If you aren’t, why not?
This article is intended for educational purposes only; for medical advice consult your licensed health practitioner.