December 3, 2018

500 The Last Post [3 Dec 2018]


After 500 articles over almost 10 years I am retiring this newspaper column. I’ve enjoyed writing them and, as I often say, it forced me to learn something every week.

All 500 articles will still be available on their archived blog at http://stayhealthynaturallybystan.blogspot.com or from my website www.rosetownnaturalhealth.com. The online versions often have additional information that there wasn’t room for in the newspaper plus links to sources and more information. They are sorted by date and searchable by key words. I may occasionally add new articles to the blog or new comments to existing articles.

I have avoided writing exclusively about products or services that I sell – many of the articles are on “free” concepts like sleep and exercise. In most cases I have offered my take on the subject under discussion. And whenever possible I have tried to inject a little humor to add interest to otherwise boring subjects.

Here are some of the ideas I have tried to share with you over the years:
• the importance of diet in health and disease
• new or unusual products or treatments
• summaries of interesting articles and books that I came across
• concepts like the placebo effect, mitochondria, microbiome, brain-gut axis, and determinants of health
• the latest research on natural health topics
• the validity of research for many diets, nutrients and supplements (and that this information is too often ignored by the medical industry)
• the built in bias in the health industry favoring patentable drugs over non-patentable (mostly natural) products
• that not everything you read on health (natural or otherwise) is true

Thank you for reading my articles, and thanks to those who came in and told me that it was the first thing you looked for when you opened the Eagle. My hope is that you will continue to refer to these articles and use them as a springboard for further exploration of your topics of interest.

For more information on this or other natural health topics, stop in and talk to Stan; for medical advice consult your licensed health practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment